This quick lunch or dinner includes cumin-spiced chicken and BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans served in a pita pocket. Cool off the spicy kick with sour cream or yogurt.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 pita pockets
- Non-fat plain yogurt or sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine cumin and chili powder in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Take off heat, set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Stir in chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut top off pitas to open. Divide chicken mixture among the pitas; top with yogurt or sour cream, if desired.