"This is a great dish for cold Montana winters. My children love tomato soup & the beans make it special," Bettina, MT - Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms & Kids Panel.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® cannellini Beans, with liquid
- 3 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp minced oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp minced thyme
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat a 2-quart sauce pot over medium, add the raw bacon and cook 4 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Add the onions and cook 3-4 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic, herbs, and chili flakes, cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cannellini beans with their liquid and chicken stock, bring to a simmer.
- Let cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.